Wisconsin Protest Aerials: Tea Party Vs. Pro-Worker Crowds

With crowd estimates ranging from 40,000 to 70,000 at competing protests in Madison, Wisconsin on Saturday, there is sure to be some confusion about who was who at the rally.  Reports indicate that the crowds were kept highly segregated, with the Tea Party crowd getting the main capitol grounds and the pro-worker demonstrators surrounding them on the streets.

Below find a series of screencaps from various angles consisting of the naked eye view followed by a segmented one to demonstrate the different locations and crowd sizes for a comparison.

Note – These screencaps were either taken from Channel3000 or NBC15 in Madison, and took place on Saturday, 19 February 2011 over the State Capitol grounds in Madison, Wisconsin.

64 Responses to Wisconsin Protest Aerials: Tea Party Vs. Pro-Worker Crowds

1. +6 Vote -1 Vote +1Chris
    February 19, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I’ve been at every rally all week. This was the largest crowd EASILY. I would guesstimate it around 50k this time. The tea party was sectioned off by the police to the east end of the building. I walked past their group several times and I would say giving their numbers 1500 people would be a generous guess, unless they were all hiding somewhere else as well.

• +2 Vote -1 Vote +1Joey
      February 20, 2011 at 7:42 am

Chris is right, the TP was in only on one side of the capitol building. The building itself was filled with union supports, with TP members entering to use the bathrooms. My guess was 1,000 but that could be wrong in either direction. Also highly segregated is not exactly right. I inadvertently wandered, with sign in hand, right through the outer end of the group and didn’t even notice until I was in the middle. Everyone was well behaved and my error did not create a tense moment. We intermingled inside and outside of the capitol building — the only people I saw looking for trouble was a small group (10?) of grim-faced TP’ers walking down the middle of the street against the flow. Everyone around me let them pass and otherwise ignored them. You should understand that walking against the flow takes some determination because we filled the street and sidewalks on both sides in places — there was just a ton of people. Nearly all of the people walking in circles around the square were wearing smiles, carrying signs, and chanting — “what’s disgusting? union busting!” — and several others.

• +2 Vote -1 Vote +1Peter Ethan
      February 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Honesty – the voters are getting what they wanted – conservative anti union votes. Wisconsin wanted a Republican majority – now pay the consequences. The Democrats would have provided compromise and smarter cuts – now you know that voting actually can help you out. Maybe come 2012 you will recall all the Republicans and start fixing their mess like Obama is trying to fix in Washington. Hope you will think twice before voting Tea Baggers or Republican next time…

2. +8 Vote -1 Vote +1Phil Perspective
    February 19, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Ole:
    Great job!!

Chris:
    The Madison PD is estimating 70,000 union supporters. I hope they get a lot more Monday when Tom Morello shows up. He’ll pump up the crowd. ;-)

• -35 Vote -1 Vote +1pam
      February 19, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Oh well maybe the teachers can stay home another day and the kids can go without again. I know.. we can have tom morello and jesse jackson teach the kids. actually why don’t we fire the lot and hire decent teachers who care about their jobs and the kids.You are all a pitiful excuses for teachers and should be fired.

• Ole Ole Olson
        +21 Vote -1 Vote +1Ole Ole Olson
        February 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm

The kids are getting a better education by learning in the real world, basic things like rights in the workplace need to be fought for. Either way, the anti-educational stance taken by most of the “new” Republicans (read: the same old Bush/Cheney hardliners in new packaging) is the biggest threat to our nation’s future, as it will affect future generations and prosperity of the nation as a whole. The majority of the population stands with the teachers here, and if Walker is enough of a wingnut to fire them, brace yourselves because these protests will seem tiny.

• +8 Vote -1 Vote +1A Teacher
        February 20, 2011 at 8:41 am

Oh! Are you saying that teachers provide a valuable service? Are you saying that you value our labor? Wow! Thanks! But of course, you don’t want the best teachers, you only want the cheapest — and the quietest. Were you the one with the sign that said, “Shut Up and Teach”? Funny, the two of those don’t seem to go together very well…

• +3 Vote -1 Vote +1teachKenosha
        February 23, 2011 at 1:35 am

Two points:

1. Kids having a few days off school in WI in February isn’t different, in result, than a couple of snow days. I missed my kids terribly when I was out but I told them where I’d be and I had the support of my principal who took my classroom while I was out because HE gets it. He knew that for me to go and stand for what is right, I could best do that if I knew there was a qualified person teaching my students. A few days off now is miniscule in the face of what our kids are going to suffer if this bill goes through. There’s a reason why the 5 states in our country who don’t have collective bargaining have consistently craptastic educational results. Really, the BEST any of those 5 does is 44th place and the other ones, respectively, hold the 50th, 49th, 48th and 47th.

2. You know what my students have learned with me out of the classroom? That their teacher has principles. That she would risk discipline and unpaid time away from work (when she is the only full-time employee in her household) because she cares ENOUGH about them to look beyond the criticism people would level at her over a few days time.

And while I try not to make any of these comments personal, when you’re leveling accusations against the profession I love and the service I’m phenomenal at providing to the kids I love so much, I do have to make at least one request. Before you attack educators who you don’t know and use words like “pitiful,” I think it would serve you well to figure out a way to gain an understanding of basic English grammar. Don’t worry, I don’t mean the hard stuff but at LEAST capitalization on punctuation. Fair? (Wait, I’m expecting a Walker supporter to sign on to “fair.” Pfft).

• Vote -1 Vote +1DougH
        February 23, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I know, why don’t the teachers go back to work and smile as they teach and while the governor shafts them because they didn’t have the fortitude to stand for what they believed in. They can continue to teach while the governor decides to place 45 kids in every classroom. They can laugh with the kids as they are fired because they can’t effectively teach 45 kids and meet NCLB standards.

3. -14 Vote -1 Vote +1Geoff
    February 19, 2011 at 6:53 pm

How many of the worker protesters were shipped in from out of state?

• +13 Vote -1 Vote +1gypsytoo
      February 19, 2011 at 7:00 pm

shipped in? or showed up out of solidarity?

• -34 Vote -1 Vote +1pam
        February 19, 2011 at 7:33 pm

SHIPPED IN … using your hard working cash. Probably could have paid for a lot of healthcare benefits with that. Maybe a few retirement benefits. Your such fools. READ THE BILL DON’T JUST PROTEST BECAUSE THE UNION TELLS YOU TO. YOUR BEING DRAG AROUND BY THE NOSE AND YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW IT.

• +9 Vote -1 Vote +1gypsytoo
          February 19, 2011 at 8:15 pm

and how many can you prove were “shipped in” and who paid for their passage? sources would be nice.

my past experience has been show up to support them- just like the tea party did for their side – but union seems to have had more show up.

• +3 Vote -1 Vote +1gypsytoo
          February 20, 2011 at 7:23 am

whoa – abc news is saying that the tea partiers were bused in -

what was your complaint again?

• +8 Vote -1 Vote +1A Teacher
          February 20, 2011 at 8:53 am

Yes, unions organized transportation for their members. The Koch brothers organized transportation for the Tea Partiers. Hmmm…

• +9 Vote -1 Vote +1Cosmic Surfer
          February 20, 2011 at 9:32 am

Throughout history, it has usually been the tradition of the union busters and anti-worker corporations to ship in paid scabs and company men to go against the workers.
          KOCH knows this ploy as does the Tea Party they fund. The Tea Party traveled from state to state during the health care debate to disrupt town halls or to stand on the steps of state capitols all across the country claiming to be citizens from the state after getting off their super coach caravans paid for by the AFP .
          Sounds like that is EXACTLY what they did this time…
          Always remember, just because you may be low enough to be a part of an astroturfing union busting organization of low-lifes doesn’t mean the real protesters are so lacking in any moral compass.
          You may be willing to sell your soul for 7 pieces of silver but the REAL Patriots in the country are standing against the GOP and Scott Walker, who apparently are now wholly owned subsidiaries of Koch Industries

• Ole Ole Olson
      +11 Vote -1 Vote +1Ole Ole Olson
      February 19, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Geoff, to my knowledge there was no free transportation provided to the workers. There was however a score of free buses that magically appeared on Friday night for the Tea Party crowd from both inside Wisconsin and outside of it: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?hl=en&hl=en&formkey=dFQyUUJkcmI2VFlPWUNEQ3JfWjViemc6MA#gid=0

The Tea Party group behind it has refused to disclose who has paid for the buses, perhaps you should inquire with them where the funding came from.

4. +11 Vote -1 Vote +1josh
    February 19, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I’ve been there off and on every day since Wednesday. I would say 1500 tea partyers give or take 100 is a safe estimate for that wing’s side walk. Then there was about another 50 Governor supporters scattered along the side walks heckling people as they marched around the street. People seemed happy to have the tea party here. They really galvanized the pro labor rights people. You don’t see the other two sides of the Capital or State Street in these aerials (99.8% pro labor rights). Also, the capital building should be circled. It was near capacity and I didn’t see one demonstrator openly supporting Governor Walker in the building.

• -25 Vote -1 Vote +1pam
      February 19, 2011 at 7:36 pm

pro labor rights?????READ THE BILL …You are protesting to let the Union continue to tell you what to do. Are you really that blind? The union presidents must sit around at night happy for all the pro labor lemmings they have giving money so they can sit at home and laugh in your face.

• +13 Vote -1 Vote +1A Teacher
        February 20, 2011 at 8:44 am

My dear, what makes you think we haven’t read it? Have you? How dare you suggest that we are sheep. And, mind you, our leaders have been out in the cold marching with us. I don’t believe your compatriots can say that.

5. -24 Vote -1 Vote +1Mike's America
    February 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

1,128,159 citizens of Wisconsin cast their votes for Governor Walker. Millions also voted in the large majorities for the GOP in both Houses of the state legislature.

If you want to compare the relative handful of union cronies to the will of the people expressed at the ballot box you might have a better persepctive on democracy.

• +15 Vote -1 Vote +1gypsytoo
      February 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm

did they vote them in because they wanted them to serve – or were they just mad at the other party?

next election might change things around again – never get too comfortable with you position.

• Ole Ole Olson
      +11 Vote -1 Vote +1Ole Ole Olson
      February 19, 2011 at 8:59 pm

a 5% margin of victory can’t really be considered a mandate Mike. Even if the margin was 10-20%, that doesn’t really give the ruling party the right to become the tyranny of the majority. Elected officials like Governors need to listen to all sides and hammer out compromises that are acceptable to both sides, lest they be tyrants.

6. +11 Vote -1 Vote +1chaz
    February 19, 2011 at 7:36 pm

yahoo has been blocking liberal people on their site posting only republican’t point of view especially about the attempt to bust the union in wisconsin and ohio

• -23 Vote -1 Vote +1pam
      February 19, 2011 at 7:41 pm

were ALL blocking liberal people

7. -25 Vote -1 Vote +1pam
    February 19, 2011 at 7:43 pm

There proably weren’t that mant teaparty people because…..THEY WERE WORKING. WOW What a concept!

• +11 Vote -1 Vote +1A Teacher
      February 20, 2011 at 8:45 am

Or terribly busy online, leaving comments on websites…

• +5 Vote -1 Vote +1gypsytoo
        February 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm

BRAVO!!
        working on a saturday no less – give us a break!!

8. -16 Vote -1 Vote +1Rob
    February 19, 2011 at 7:50 pm

This video pretty much says everything about what our teachers are getting

I’ve been an engineer in WI for 25 years and make roughly the same amount as a teacher that works for 8/9 months. In addition my pension was eliminated and I now I am completely responsible for my own retirement with no gaurantees, and like hell should I pay for your retirement without you paying hardly anything towards it. In addition, I, like most in the private sector, will need to work well into my sixties, unlike some of my teacher aquaintences who have retired at 55 to 57 years of age, with benifits (which I unwillingly helped fund) that far exceed those in the private sector. In any event, I just might decide to become a teacher since my education is far exceeds what a book and todays teachers can teach, plus I’ll get a couple months of extra vacation, however, I dont think I can handle hanging out with a bunch of delusional sniveling whiners for 8/9 months a year.

And teachers, please dont play with the same old song and dance with “oh, but we work many more hours than the 8 to 3:30 schedule”. For your information most people with degrees put in many more hours than the supposedly “typical” 40 hours a week. Also, most people I know have regular work hours that are 2 hours longer than your pathetic schedules, and those are year round.

Teachers need to get out of their delusional worlds where they daily hang out in the teachers lounge and shares their lies and delusions, leaving them all feeling like they are being bent over when compared to the private sector. The fact of the matter is, only people that are being bent over are those in the private sector that have allow Wisconsin teachers and public workers to skate by without having them take reasonable ownership of their own retirements and health insurance for years.

By the way, my best education was when I opened up a book and taught myself, along with on the job training. In addition, for reference, my best friends are home schooling their kids and they are run circles around same aged kids taught in puplic schools.

I can guarantee there are “many more” people in this state that are “for” the bill than against it, we just dont act like little kids and partake in pointless marches.

God willing this bill gets passed.

• -11 Vote -1 Vote +1Rob
      February 19, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Oh. and I’m sure there will be some that will feel the need to point out my spelling errors after typing the previous post in haste.

• +17 Vote -1 Vote +1Bill
      February 19, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Interesting that you don’t list your salary and make a lot of generalizations. These people often accepted benefits as a form of compensation so it makes no difference if their base pay is X and they have Y line item deductions, or they have a base pay of Z and have to go fund these themselves.

Wisconsin has historically ranked high in education with non-union states ranking at the bottom. Its nice you are initiated that you learn yourself. Yet if you were actually an educated person you wouldn’t have filled your diatribe with such generalizations.

This is not about the budget and the only reason it is being rammed through as fast as it can be is that Walker hoped that on one would actually pay attention. This is about collective bargaining and an attack on organized labor in general. If he is successful with that it builds a model where it can be attacked anywhere and once that happens it removes the last big player at the political money table post-Citizens United.

For an engineer, you really don’t seem to know much about the social sciences. I’d suggest your “learn on your own” didn’t work out as well as you thought.

• +13 Vote -1 Vote +1Nan
      February 19, 2011 at 8:42 pm

You make an excellent point but it’s not the one you meant to make. What you are actually advocating for is more unions, not fewer. You want to be treated better for all the work you do? Unionize. Don’t just whine about it.

• +5 Vote -1 Vote +1Rick
      February 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Hey Rob…did your home schooling include civics lessons too. You may have learned that all employees have the right to form a union in their place of business. So when your company was screwing you over you could have formed together, created a union and attempted to keep that pension.

I am not in a union myself and fund my own retirement too. This is my choice. But on this issue I side with the labor unions….and you people have to keep in mind….this issue is NOT just about teachers. Seems everyone here is making teachers the villians.

Another side of the story you do not hear is the Governors plan to move the power of the legislature to oversee and make rules for Medicare and BadgerCare to the head of the Dept of Health Services which just so happens to be a political appointee. So the power is now within the Executive Branch…..blatant power grab. That is what has me pissed.

9. -19 Vote -1 Vote +1Bobbie Harris
    February 19, 2011 at 7:53 pm

The consensus here seems to be from the radical left. I can assure you the rest of the country abhor what you are doing. It’s like watching Greece all over again and it sickens most of us!!!!!

• Ole Ole Olson
      +14 Vote -1 Vote +1Ole Ole Olson
      February 19, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I would liken it more to Egypt, where a corrupt minority has been in power far too long (I’m talking about the Plutarchy that pull the strings behind the scenes, not the new GOP legislators and governor), and the nation is fed up with it.

• +12 Vote -1 Vote +1A Teacher
      February 20, 2011 at 8:47 am

No, Bobbie, the rest of the country is just as divided on this issue. Don’t play that game. Don’t play the same old divisive song that says “only the people who agree with me are Americans.” That cheapens you.

• +5 Vote -1 Vote +1Rick
      February 21, 2011 at 1:38 pm

This is not the radical left speaking out. I live in Madison and I am just blocks away from the capitol. The firefighters are against this, police unions are against this. Even the a police organization which backed Walker announced they made a bad decision.

Typically I find that police and firefighters are NOT your radical left.

10. +17 Vote -1 Vote +1Ann
    February 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm

“In addition my pension was eliminated and I now I am completely responsible for my own retirement with no *gaurantees* (misspelled, yes I did lol)”

Politics of envy once again. So because your company screwed you, everyone else should just bend over eh”. The rest doesn’t merit response.

@Pam
    I am a Union worker and I worked today, and yes I would much rather pay my paltry dues and receive a fair wage in exchange, than have NO representation so some greedy prick can do me the way ol’ Rob was done.

If it weren’t for the greed of corporations and company execs, there would be no need for Unions. If you are so jealous, fight for your own rights.

It is you! You people who attack those who fight and cravenly encourage them to accept your lot who are the puppets. Everyone else can see whose strings you dangle from. The very ones who nearly destroyed our economy and are now looking to destroy the very soul of Democracy. Wise up.

Remember 9/11 indeed. Sheep.

11. +12 Vote -1 Vote +1Ann
    February 19, 2011 at 8:18 pm

These pics represent but a small sampling of the True American Spirit. Of True Americans and even here, in these pics We are in the majority.

Yes America is watching, the world is watching and the majority stand with the workers. Fact.

Now Real Americans finally, truly stand up to poor governance, to the Elite, to the corporotocracy…… stand up to the *Government!* for a real cause, not some Limabugh, Beck, Hannity manufactured nonsense, and who’s on the side of the bad ol’ government now???

Hypocrites and fools dancing for their corporate masters.

Go on and scratch and beg for the crumbs from your masters table. Those belonging to a Union will continue to be treated as equal partners, to be fairly compensated for their labor through negotiations.

I know you only wish you received as much consideration and respect from your bosses. You only wish you had the right to demand your due, but no, you cower, you kiss ass, oh so thankful for whatever they deign to give.

It is you who are the petulant whiners. The ones saying, “my job/wages/benefits suck” so theirs should suck too. Christ it’s sickening. Grow up. If you must hate your lot, at least be mature enough to be happy for those who are actually earning what they deserve.

12. +14 Vote -1 Vote +1Ann
    February 19, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Here’s what paying crap wages to teachers will get you vs. what investing in education can do:

Five states made collective bargaining illegal for teachers (w/rank of ACT/SAT scores):

South Carolina: 50th
    North Carolina: 49th
    Georgia: 48th
    Texas: 47th
    Virginia: 44th

Wisconsin is currently ranked 2nd in ACT/SAT scores.

13. +9 Vote -1 Vote +1Iris of Philadelphia
    February 19, 2011 at 8:29 pm

The crowd density looks greater among the Workers than among the Tea Party — fewer fat cats perhaps?

14. +7 Vote -1 Vote +1Ann
    February 19, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Lol! The fat cats are busy telling Walker what to do and providing ‘bagger busses.

I’m guessing part of the reason the ‘baggers appear so tiny is because they parked their camels and waddled in.

15. -13 Vote -1 Vote +1Rob
    February 19, 2011 at 8:53 pm

@Ann – Politics of envy once again. So because your company screwed you, everyone else should just bend over eh”.

Actually not envy at all Ann, I just happen to live in the real world. Besides, I started saving for my retirement immediately after college since the pension I spoke of was basically worthless to start with, so no, my company didn’t screw me. If anyone is screwing me it’s you and your liberal/unionized cohorts. As for the pension elimination, it was a business desicion based on facts and figures, (something Wisconsin public employees are obviously unable to comprehend) and I understood the consequences if the company didn’t eliminate it.

In large part, it has been the public workers that put the state of Wisconsin in this huge hole of a deficit and now you just want to continue digging it deeper.

• +15 Vote -1 Vote +1Ann
      February 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm

“In large part, it has been the public workers that put the state of Wisconsin in this huge hole of a deficit”

False:

“As for the pension elimination, it was a business desicion based on facts and figures”

Oh reeeally now. I suppose your higher ups showed you their bottom line? The company financial reports? Anything? There was just no other way to trim the fat huh? Lol!

You continue to prove the value of Unions.

• Ole Ole Olson
      +12 Vote -1 Vote +1Ole Ole Olson
      February 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Rob, that is not true. “On an annual basis, full-time state and local government employees in Wisconsin are undercompensated by 8.2% compared with otherwise similar private sector workers. ”

Furher, there was a a projected $140m shortfall, but only after Walker promised $137m in new spending (mostly via tax cuts to his rich campaign donors and corps): http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/editorial/article_61064e9a-27b0-5f28-b6d1-a57c8b2aaaf6.html

• +9 Vote -1 Vote +1A Teacher
      February 20, 2011 at 8:51 am

Please do some research, Rob. Public workers did NOT cause this financial circumstance. Why not show your work? Make an argument; don’t just parrot the talking points. Misery loves company, eh? You feel put-upon and so you want everyone to be put-upon too. How charitable. How kind.

• +7 Vote -1 Vote +1Scott Knickelbine
      February 20, 2011 at 11:20 am

Congratulations, Rob, the Unions agreed to all of Walkers give-aways! Just one little problem — Walker doesn’t give a damn! The Union’s called his bluff! The budget issue is now off the table! The Unions gave Walker ever last penny he wanted — and HE STILL WANTS THEM DEAD! A brilliant move on the Unions’ part, because it is now absolutely undeniable that this is about depriving workers of the right to collective bargaining. It now, officially, has nothing whatsoever to do with the budget.

16. +8 Vote -1 Vote +1Ann
    February 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Here’s a real solution and until I read this, I didn’t know how truly dirty Walker is:

17. +5 Vote -1 Vote +1Jessica
    February 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I was there this morning. We (the workers) had them outnumbered at LEAST 4:1.

• Ole Ole Olson
      +9 Vote -1 Vote +1Ole Ole Olson
      February 19, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Most reports I’ve seen put the pro-union crowd at 40-70k (the Madison Police say 70k), and first hand reports put the anti-union turnout at 400-1500 (unconfirmed), so the ratio might be quite a bit higher than that (1:27 to 1:180). These are preliminary numbers though, and could change if more accurate reports come in.

Vote -1 Vote +1World Spinner

19. -8 Vote -1 Vote +1CTLangis
    February 20, 2011 at 9:02 am

The union astroturf has been growing all week as the Tea Party has been at their jobs…..working! The Tea Party will numbers will continue to grow as Patriots accross America will come to Madison to fight the hords of civil-servants turned hungry beast. This has the potential to get ugly, don’t think that you can judge the size of the Tea Party protesters by the turnout on the FIRST DAY OF OPPOSITION! How many were in Madison on Monday? Not as many as yesterday! The collective IQ of the left is pathetic!!!!

• +5 Vote -1 Vote +1strawberry
      February 20, 2011 at 10:27 am

I worked all week plus overtime. and then to show my solidarity (as a non union worker) with the union workers, I came out to protest against the small amount of small minded teabaggers and will do so as needed. Check your definition of astroturf, teabaggers by their nature are the ultimate trolls.

• +9 Vote -1 Vote +1Scott Knickelbine
      February 20, 2011 at 11:16 am

70,000 people is “astroturf?” You obviously don’t know the meaning of the word. Go look it up. You know, when people are told their human rights are being taken away, you don’t need to hire bogus “ringers” to simulate outrage. When you have to hire ringers is when you need to convince people to come out against their own self-interest. That’s what that pathetic minority of Koch brothers stooges down at the capitol yesterday were.

• +10 Vote -1 Vote +1Cosmic Surfer
      February 20, 2011 at 11:58 am

Interesting statement about astroturfing – the biggest astroturfing marketing organization this country has ever seen IS the Tea Party.
      Let’s try the working aspect…The Tea Party is comprised, in large part, of middle class retirees…Maybe they couldn’t get all the scooters on the bus or they couldn’t get their marching orders out in time when the real people in the debate took them by surprise and didn’t lay down for Koch’s toy governor.
      You know it takes a little time to set up trhose talking piunts into 8 second soundbytes then order buses to pick up the troops and drive into Madison…that snow and ice, they couldn’t do the 55-90 MPH to get there in less time, especially driving over the Continental Divide…
      I certainly have noticed that it is coming down to the willfully ignorant vs the intellectually curious that have assured they stay infomed……It isn’t brains and knowledge that keeps the self called “Tea Party” countering with only a bumper sticker mentality..Easier to remember when there is no comprehension behind it. Only manipulated anger

20. +1 Vote -1 Vote +1SpangoRango
    February 20, 2011 at 11:06 am

LOL, Tea Parties are for little girls with invisible friends.

21. -11 Vote -1 Vote +1Jon
    February 20, 2011 at 11:17 am

All i’m going to say is this:

The Democrat and left-leaning entities that fund these “pro-worker” types (who, btw, aren’t working) will fade back in as they always do. Meanwhile, the Tea Party is growing on their own with much less financial funding than what goes to these so-called “pro-worker” groups. And the Tea Partiers are the true blue collar workers that you think would be getting more support from the “pro-worker” crowd but they don’t. Yet, in the decade (and longer) to come, it will be the foundations of the Tea Party that prevails.

• +11 Vote -1 Vote +1Joshua
      February 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm

“the Tea Party is growing on their own with much less financial funding”
      lolwut? Do you know who the Koch brothers are or much money they’ve pumped into the tea party?

22. +12 Vote -1 Vote +1cb
    February 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I came up from Louisiana with 3 friends of mine. A welder, a roustabout, a chemical plant worker, and me. We came to show our support for Wisconsin’s Unions and the people they represent.
    In Louisiana we don’t have many unions, and as a result our pay is low and our benefits are few. The CEO of the company I work for makes 300% more than I do and every year more of the company I work for relocates overseas.
    The teapartiers love to throw around words like patriotism, christian, and freedom. Supporting Republicans(“Outsourcing is Good”~Bush Administration) who give taxcuts and subsidies to companies that outsource our jobs is not patriotic; Working for minimal wages with no benefits and no job security so people like the Koch brothers can add another billion to their wealth is not freedom, and what the teapartiers in Madison were yelling is certainly not christian.
    Companies like Exxon-Mobil, ADM, and Koch Industries, get billions of dollars of welfare annually from federal and state government and pay few to no taxes. Preserving that status quo is what the teaparty and Governors like Scott Walker’s true purpose is.

23. +3 Vote -1 Vote +1vietnam2
    February 23, 2011 at 11:23 pm

You cannot fix stupid! For all tea bag party/recorplicans posting without a clue….Google Bohemian Club and read. Google derivatives and read. Hint: $645 TRILLION! Why do you think the world and US economy is so bad? Today’s news: housing values continue to decline and more banks are going to close this year. Thank phil gramm R TX and repug friends; do not thank a teacher! How it works! Please send me $1,000 and I will pay you back $40,000 when you win the white house. Bank routing numbers and account numbers to follow. BTW, George Schutlz and Henry Kissinger attended Obama’s dinner meeting with the President of China. Do you know what that means for the 2012 elections? Read the Bohemian Club info and find out… It sure is easy to lead stupid people.

24. -4 Vote -1 Vote +1suckit
    February 26, 2011 at 1:07 am

What a bunch of Union whiners. Funny how many “so called ” facts have found to be completely untrue, such as Walkers surplus (Thank you Ms,Maddow, for again showing how pathetic you and your followers truly are). Maybe if you all read “actual news” instead of the force union feed crap from EPI. Taking a look at EPI’s board members no one can anthe general public with a straight face that they’re not slanting or completely making up stories, such as public sector workers are underpaid compared to those in the private sector. I too can make skew viewpoints when only using half the facts like EPI. They are a joke, just like you fools that are making spectacles of yourselves at the march on the capitol. Sorry people, but your whines of entitlement are falling on the deaf ears of the tax payers. They’ve caught onto your game and they are about to kill it.

I can hear you all crying now, Oh boo hoo hoo –Stupid effing moron union backers goijng through life without a clue.

25. +2 Vote -1 Vote +1John
    February 26, 2011 at 7:51 am

Anyone who honestly think the wonderful city of Madison would need astroturfers to fight against Fascism (which, face it, is what Walker is proposing) has obviously never been here,much less benefited from our top-rate educational system.

And yes, I am sure many of the pro-union types were bussed in. From all over town. Parking near Capitol Square is hard enough to find on a normal day! Many even likely rode in on our wonderful public transportation system. Many probably walked as well. Madison is the best city in the country and and has been for a long time. That the Republican that ran in the district around the Capitol got maybe 15% of the vote is probably tied to this (and I bet that 1/2 those just wanted to encourage the GOP to waste money in a place they don’t have a hope in.

Scott Walker is clueless about this Capitol city, if he honestly thinks that people needed to be “bussed in” from this. Heck, I work 3rd shift, non-union, and me, nor any of my coworkers could make this, because we need sleep to function. ALL of us are behind you tho and wish we could be there with you.