VIDEO: Police Body-Slam and Arrest Dancers at Jefferson Memorial

Several individuals were brutally man-handled, body-slammed, and placed under arrest by police at the Jefferson Memorial for simply dancing. We’re not talking about a big dance number here; we’re talking about standing in a spot and moving rhythmically, as if dancing, without even a musical accompaniment. Not as a group in some sort of mass demonstration. Just as an individual, standing in place, moving rhythmically as if listening to a great song on their iPod.

One couple was standing in a loose embrace, rocking back and forth, slowly, then gave each other a kiss, and were immediately grabbed, pulled apart, hand-cuffed, and placed under arrest. That was their crime.

This is not a joke. This is not a spoof using actors. If the threat of terrorism against American’s has truly been because terrorists hate America’s freedom, this video should solve the problem immediately. Although we all know that isn’t the case, this video does make a mockery of the supposed freedom and liberty of Americans.

The confidence that the police show in their actions, even while they know that they are being filmed, should be a wake-up call. These ‘trained’ police officers don’t hesitate to physically molest peaceful citizens. None of them speaks up to question their course of action. They have been trained, and, as a result of that training, they believed that what they were doing was precisely the right thing. That is the most frightening and illuminating part of this video.

The following video is an interview with Adam Kokesh, the man who was body-slammed for dancing… or something like dancing, anyway.

And now, today, June 4, 2011, the only appropriate response!

Still not a blip on the main stream media radar. Perhaps if it was a family of unemployed corporate shills driving a bus across America trying to raise money, or the possible picture of a politician’s tighty-whities, or something else of such obvious import…

UPDATE

‘Judge’ Napolitano, Of Fox News Business, did a full segment including video of the abuse and an interview with Adam Kokesh plugging the event on Saturday, June 4.

12 Responses to VIDEO: Police Body-Slam and Arrest Dancers at Jefferson Memorial

1. Vote -1 Vote +1antifa_action
      June 4, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I don’t want to just read someone’s attempt to justify these actions, I want someone to explain to me why these ‘police officers’ aren’t behind bars.

2. -1 Vote -1 Vote +1WotRoo
      June 4, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Its punk cops like this I just LOVE to here about in the news that get clipped in the line of duty.

+1 Vote -1 Vote +1=== popurls.com === popular today

4. Vote -1 Vote +1J
      June 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I am usually against the police in posts of abuse, but what I saw was a cop politely telling a group that dancing, for some stupid reason, is not lawfully authorized. Despite the stupidity of the law, if there is one for dancing there, you cannot blatantly go against the officer’s warning without repercussions. Furthermore, I saw the police enforcing the law with no abuse. The lead officer tried on numerous occasions to verbally control each situation until he had no choice. Nevertheless, for whatever reason the cops there won’t let people dance, you will never win by those means. That’s what court is for.

• Vote -1 Vote +1Antifa_Action
        June 5, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Wow… I really couldn’t imagine that someone would actually try to defend the police and criminalize the dancers. Amazing. Seems as though Schwartzie has a point.
        What’s with protest permits? Seriously. You get a permit from who you want to protest in order to protest them. Again, amazing. Protests with permits are like bad parades, without even any floats. People have lost their courage, they even protest as slaves under control, obeying their masters rules on how to protest in an acceptable manner. So weak, and so pathetic. Have people been beaten down that far that they’ve completely forgotten how to resist, and how to fight back? Screw the courts, and screw the politicians, look at what they’ve done so far… American freedoms are an endangered species. It’s time to fight back.

• Vote -1 Vote +1J
          June 6, 2011 at 10:54 am

Wow…I can’t imagine that someone thinks that a free society means they can do whatever they want. The police were tame in this video. The only thing that was close to infringing on the constitution was when the cop told the guy to shut up. Regardless, police enforce the laws, not write them. If an officer tells you that doing something is illegal, then he is bound by law to enforce accordingly. However, if someone resists, then he is obligated to use necessary force to restrain the individual. You don’t argue for freedom, you try and use ignorant based logic to portray oppression through laws. What the group did isn’t a form of resistance. It was stupid and I am sure they paid for it. Nevertheless, try visiting a country where freedom is oppressed and the police are allowed to use ANY force necessary. You’d be running back to America, tail in hand.

• +1 Vote -1 Vote +1antifa_action
            June 6, 2011 at 12:06 pm

The level of your acceptance is astonishing. ‘This is OK because someone else is even more oppressed?’ That’s your logic? ‘We must trust the police to let us know what our rights are?’ because they are ‘honor-bound?’ lol… seriously? You, my fellow co-owner of all that you see, have been convinced that you are a slave. Even if you’re not prepared to stand up and fight for your rights yet, some of us are, and we still luv ya. Cheers!

• +1 Vote -1 Vote +1J
              June 6, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Let me start by saying that I accept many things in life, but I am not willing to be denied my basic rights. +This is OK because someone else is even more oppressed? I did not say that. My statement was to contrast true oppression with the dramatized rhetoric this story has tried to produce. + We must trust the police to let us know what our rights are? Absolutely not. You should already know your rights. But to often people think that they have power over laws because the law doesn’t make sense, or they don’t know it. + because they are honor-bound? Don’t know were this came from but police are paid. They are employed to do a job and if neglect or something like trumping up charges falls on them then they get screwed very badly.

Knowing how fight for something and running in without a weapon are two different things. I don’t agree with the law about dancing there. I also don’t like most cops. To accuse me of being a slave shows me that you don’t understand the point I am trying to make. If I was you I would worry more about the blatant violations of church and state, the growing number of occupied countries by us, and the ridicules deficit. Because stubborn deviant dancers are of less concern to me. But I do like the conversation with ya, and I got nothing but luv for ya too, Cheers!

5. Vote -1 Vote +1Schwartzie
      June 5, 2011 at 8:55 pm

The saddest part about this is not the cops– it’s that Americans protest like vaginas. Have you seen the footage out of Syria? Copping a surreptitious dance move and then pretending like you did nothing wrong is an insult to actual free speech.

6. Vote -1 Vote +1BofAexposed
      June 6, 2011 at 9:23 am

I wonder how many demonstrators it would take to body-slam the cops for violating their constitutional rights. That sounds more like a Jeffersonian form of justice than cops body-slamming civilians for dancing.

• Vote -1 Vote +1Larry Madison
        June 8, 2011 at 8:08 am

Adam is an ASS, not to mention just a punk.

Vote -1 Vote +1peak property and casualty