Joe Kennedy Says Death Threats Came From Scott Brown Camp

Joe Kennedy, the Libertarian Party candidate for the US Senate seat in Massachusetts that was left vacant after the death of Ted Kennedy, has reportedly received death threats from supporters of the Republican candidate Scott Brown.

According to Mike Cann of the Boston NORML Examiner, Joe Kennedy informed his followers on Facebook “Let it be known that people have been told to threaten me from the Brown Camp… Finally I got an apology from one who found a conscience.”

The apology (now scrubbed from the site) stated, “My apologies, I should have never sent this email. I was wrong to do so. The suggestion was sent to me. I’m so sorry. Mr. Kennedy has just as much right to run and try to win as …anyone else. My sincere apologies. Hope all goes well at the poles for you.” -name omited

14 Responses to Joe Kennedy Says Death Threats Came From Scott Brown Camp

1. Eric Dondero January 19, 2010 at 2:10 am

What a pathetic post. My gosh you Lefties are really spinning to save Martha Coakley.

Look, she’s toast. The last polls last night showed her tanking. Even MSNBC’s Chris Matthews declared “The Game Over.”

Trying to divide Libertarians and Republicans at the last minute, just ain’t gonna work Bub. Scott Brown supporters want a big showing for Joe Kennedy, cause he’s anti-Martha. A 55% showing by Brown, added to a 3% showing for Joe Kennedy means a “Tea Party coalition” combined vote of 58% against the socialist agenda of the Democrats.

Nice try, but we Libertarians and Republicans stand united against the Democrats!

• Eric Cameron January 19, 2010 at 8:51 am

The idea of Libertarians standing united with Republicans on any issue these days is laughable at best.
      Republicrat, Democan; it’s a one party system, my friend.

• elle January 19, 2010 at 11:32 am

you’ve got that right eric. The republican machine has grown very strong lately, and they’ve resorted to the same dirty tricks that were used by the democrats last year.

True Libertarians will never vote for a big government hack like Brown. We will happily take votes away from you, even by the tiniest margins, before we compromise our principals and beliefs.

• TImmer January 19, 2010 at 11:13 am

So that’s what it’s like to have no knowledge of politics, morality, or tact.

• m0zart January 19, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Why am I not surprised to see Eric Dondero’s name attached to this post? I’d have been surprised NOT to see something like this from him.

2. Paul January 19, 2010 at 3:47 am

This is truly a pathetic post, I’m guessing you were threatened to make it by some SEIU member or some other government recipient that is afraid of losing yet another entitlement program that will rob from the producers and give to the sitonmyassers.

3. chris January 19, 2010 at 3:51 am

So typical of he Dems to send threats to the third party candidate and make it appear as if it came from the Brown camp. Sad. The rose is off the bud libs, and hope and change is finally being seen for what it is – hoax and chains. Your attempts at forcing your socialist agenda down our throats will be stopped and individual liberty and self reliance will win the day. It’s in our DNA as Americans.

4. Annie January 19, 2010 at 4:30 am

This guy threatened me and I have the written proof. He has lost his chance to run in any seat. But maybe his only intention was to do just what he is doing right now. He will have to live with his conscience.

5. Brandy January 19, 2010 at 5:57 am

Oh please! What do you take the American people for? Anyone can see right through what you are trying to do here! Scott Brown for the win! 🙂

6. jmt January 19, 2010 at 10:14 am

um, death threats?
    ask mary jo kopechne……

7. Pingback: === popurls.com === popular today

8. Timmer January 19, 2010 at 11:15 am

Everyone says the Democrats are a bunch of whiners…but truly, they have nothing on you random anonymous Republican commentators.

9. elle January 19, 2010 at 11:21 am

From what I gather, the Scott Brown supporters are completely insane. They are employing the same dirty thuggish tricks that they blame the left for. Joe, keep every single one of those emails.

10. Winnie January 25, 2010 at 9:56 am

The left right paradigm is an illusion that the American people have bought lock stock and barrel. Republican and Democrats are part of the Big Government Machine owned by the banking cartel. They are laughing at the american people for being duped so easily.